Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Dateline: 2008

Started 2008 off with a bang by golly!

During our Christmas festivities, the colognes and cooking smells really really bothered my breathing *sigh*
Every day after Christmas I kept thinking 'Okay get to the ER' . But I waited. and Waited .. Until after New Years!  lol

January 4, 2008 my beau took me by car to the ER. Diagnosis: Asthma Attack. After a catscan, bloodworkup, chest xray, they put me on oxygen and gave me two nebulizer treatments. Medication: My friend, Prednizone! (pulsox 87)
Antibiotics, and home I went.

EASTER - March 2008 --- oh good lord have mercy. When will I learn! same ole same ole! Easter Dinner, smells, body wash and stuff ... everyone STANK! *L* well they smelled good but they offended my lil lungs big time! This time was pretty scary. Went by Ambulance to GBMC in Towson. Pulsox was 91 but didnt feel like it *L*  After oxygen therapy . and nebulizer treatments and heavy duty prednizone, I felt alot better and was released to go home after only 6 hrs.

April 17, May 22, June 11, July 14, August 8 == each and every visit included a nebulizer treatment!
Everytime I go off of prednizone, I get SOB!!!!

June 11th my doctor gave me a 21 day supply so I would be chipper for my daughters wedding (June 28th) WOW it did the trick! I was able to survive the wedding and still be alive and NOT SOB!

August 28, 2008 - yet another trip by ambulance to the ER of GBMC. - Oxygen Therapy, Nebulizer treatment, another script for prednizone! Pulsox 94. yet i was very very very SOB

September 2008 --- Yay a new doctor. Dr Susan Meltzer - internist AND pulmonologist. Set me up on nebulizer treatments every day. Prednizone every day. Albuteral inhalers as needed.

It must have done the trick! ..




No comments:

Post a Comment